The Mitutoyo indicators installed in these Dorsey Standard-style bore gages are highly reliable and always "state of the art". The manufacturer offers a one-year warranty against defects and malfunction. After that year is up, however, if your digital display acts up you may have no option but to replace the indicator. It can be purchased separately and works with Dorsey or Mitutoyo bore gages.
- Mitutoyo Model 543-266B specially designed for bore gage applications
- Digital indicator has .00005" (1µm) resolution
- Maximum error = .00012" (when used inedpendently of the bore gage assembly)
- Data output (cables are optional)
- Mitutoyo 543-266B Digimatic Indicator ID-C ... List $501.00 ... order online now
- Price is for digital indicator only and does not include a new housing or handle
- Substantial Internet discount applies only when ordered online.
For "wireless" connection to your PC you will need the following 3 items: (click on the links for details)
- 02AZD790F U-Wave connecting cable "F"
- 02AZD730D U-Wave-T/IP67 Type (transmitter)
- 02AZD810D U-Wave-R (receiver) (multiple transmitters can be used with just a single receiver)
About the Mitutoyo digital bore gage indicator
Mitutoyo provides a superior digital indicator with the newest and most sophisticated features available. A few things need to be taken into consideration:
The top lifting cap as well as the contact point on the indicator must only be hand-tightened. Using pliers applies too much torque on the spindle and you can imagine what that does to the movement inside.
Only the manufacturer and authorized repair centers are allowed to open the digital indicator from the dial side. Otherwise, warranties are null and void.
The instrument's accuracy and other specifications are only guaranteed when the instrument is used at 68°F and [the digital indicator] is mounted vertically, clamped by its stem. — manufacturer's notes paraphrased
The digital indicator will only fit inside the housing designed for digital bore gages. This means that you will not be able to exchange your analog indicator for a digital one without also buying a new housing and handle. If this is your intention, please contact us for details.