For the connoisseur of German made measuring instruments. MarTest indicators are new model replacements for the popular Puppitast indicator made by Mahr of Germany. Originally patterned after the Swiss BesTest indicators, the new models bear a strong similarity in construction to the Japanese Mitutoyo models.
These indicators are beautiful, sturdy and very responsive.
Test indicators are used for comparative measurements. They can be used in any type of measuring stand. Since the contact point swivels and can be used in the up or down direction, the MarTest indicator is suitable for various measuring and inspection tasks. For example:
- Testing concentricity and run-out of shafts and bores.
- Testing of parallelism and alignment of sufaces in engineering and tool making.
MarTest 801 SG shown above
The major features of the MarTest indicator:
- no slant dial on the Martest (face lies flat like most other indicators)
- metal bezel turns on a rubber o-ring
- inch models have a blue-green dial face
- metric models have yellow dial face
- contact point angle does not have to be set at 12 degrees (use it at zero degrees to work surface)
- comes with 3/8" mounting shaft on inch models and 8 mm diameter mounting shaft on metric
- has 3 dovetails built into the body
- made in Europe (Czech Republic) to the best of our knowledge
- does not come supplied with holding bar or swivel clamp (available separately on page 36)
- non magnetic
How do they compare to the competition? Take a look at brand comparisons on page 37.