Portable, hand held, miniature digital thickness gage model 700-118-20 with 1/2" range. The red slider is pushed with the thumb to open the anvils. They close on their own. You can set zero at any point for direct readings or comparator readings.
These provide a convenient way to quickly measure paper, cardboard, plastic sheeting, sheet metal, fabric, leather, etc.
Hint to piano technicians and luthiers: this will fit in your tool case and makes reading piano and string wire gauge a snap.
These pocket sized digital gages are quicker and easier to read, particularly in unskilled hands. They can also switch back and forth between inch and metric. This is a simple model which can not be hooked up to a computer. It doesn't get any easier. And, you can hang it around your neck for that contemporary techno look (a great conversation starter and great accessory for the ugly sweater party).
- "Mini" size is about 2" by 3-1/2"
- Anvil diameter is .2"
- Accuracy is ± .001" (± 0.02 mm) just like the mechanical thickness gages.
- Batteries last about 2 years. Replacement batteries are available.
- Instructions included in many languages.
- For more information on thickness gages and their use, please see page 12.
Enjoy discounts off the list price