Brown & Sharpe's offering of more economically priced gages includes this Swiss made series of dial calipers. They offer everything you might want: they look like dial calipers, work like dial calipers, smell like dial calipers, and have a trusted American brand name on them. Since most calipers are not economically repairable, you may feel it is a better non-investment to get a set of inexpensive calipers and just toss them away when the time comes. You can buy a new set for the price of a repair.
- Reading: .001"
- Thumb roller: none (this is the economy model which rides smoothly without the need for a thumb roller)
- Batteries: none (this is all mechanical)
- Accuracy: up to 4" = .0008", greater than 4" = .0012" (just like all other dial calipers)
- All kidding aside, if you are going to buy low-cost calipers, these are a real bargain.
- Swiss made is stamped on the body
Optional depth bar: 05.60013 (aka 00560013)